Yes, you read that correctly: PALEO GARLIC SOUP…
When my friend Erik told me he was going to make this garlic soup for me I was a bit skeptical at first. Would it taste good, and wouldn’t my breath stink all evening (we were going to a concert later that night)?
Let me tell you it was amazing! Tasted smooth and soft (even though there is a massive amount of garlic cloves in it) and it goes really well with some cheese (if you tolerate that). I skipped the bread off course, but I can imagine dipping some french baguette in this soup is a real treat for non paleo peeps. Even without the bread, nor the cheese it was without a doubt the best soup I had in a long while.
MORE SOUP RECIPES
Do you want even more Winter Soup Recipe ideas? Check out this incredible eBook that was put together by over 50 Real Food bloggers (including me)! Learn more by clicking here or buy it now here.
Until febr 4th you can grab this with a smashing 60% discount for just $3.97 (use discount code “wintersale“). Enjoy!
Without further ado, I would like to introduce Erik’s Heavenly Garlic Soup
- 15 cloves of garlic
- 100 gr leek (only the white part)
- 200 gr onions
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powered
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 8oo ml vegetable stock
- (optional: 200 gr full fat dairy cream)
- sea salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- Peel the garlic cloves and unions, and clean the leek.
- Cut the leek and the onion in chunks.
- Crush the garlic with a garlic press.
- Melt ghee in a pan over medium heat and sauté unions, leek and garlic.
- Add vegetable stock and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the soup and then pour it through a mesh strainer
- Whisk together 4 tbsp of water with the arrowroot powder and add to the soup.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper
- (optional: add cream to the soup for an extra rich flavor)