Already one month has passed since I participated for the first time in the Dutch foodbloggers recipe swap and I tried Cauliflower Couscous with Pumpkin and Cashews from De Voedzame Keuken! Because I really liked it I entered again this month, and again, the dish was truly amazing!
I was assigned to Oerspronkelijk: a Dutch blog by Marjolijn Jansen, an orthomolecular therapist who collects recipes and info on her blog about healthy eating.
I absolutely hope that Marjolijn keeps adding more recipes to the site, because the carbonara dish that I made was a-ma-zing!!
I thought that a traditionally rich and creamy dish like this would belong to the past now eating paleo… how wrong I was! The clever use of soft boiled eggs in the sauce gave it the distinct carbonara taste. Of course I wouldn’t be myself if I hadn’t changed something to the recipe: I added a splash of coconut creme to make it even more rich and some garlic for that extra kick of flavor ;-). I really liked the use of chorizo in this carbonara instead of bacon: adds some nice spice to it.
Since the recipe on Oerspronkelijk is in Dutch I post the English version below for all of you to enjoy.
Can’t wait until next month to try a new recipe from one of these participating Dutch bloggers. You might wanna check them out as well
- Barbara Eet
- Eet goed, voel je goed
- Eet Paleo
- Kinderen kunnen prima anders eten
- Leo goes Paleo
- Puur Home Made
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 80 gr organic chorizo, cut into small pieces
- 250 gr mushrooms, sliced
- pinch of paprika
- 2 servings of pasta alternatives, like [url href="http://www.paleolland.com/2012/zucchini-noodles-aka-zoodles-ja-maar-hoe-zit-het-dan-met-de-pastasaus/" title="Zucchini “Noodles” aka Zoodles"]zoodles[/url]
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp [url href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074A3WXG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0074A3WXG&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwpaleolland-20"]coconut creme[/url]
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Boil the eggs for a few minutes until soft boiled. Let them cool in cold water.
- Heat a frying pan and melt coconut oil, add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the 2 cloves of the garlic, chorizo, mushrooms and paprika and stir everything together.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook on low for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zoodles to the mixture and cook for a couple of minutes until the zucchini starts to soften (a bit of an al dente bite is nice though).
- In a blender, puree the boiled eggs, avocado, olive oil, coconut cream, remaining garlic and parsley until smooth.
- Serve the sauce cold on top of the zoodles, or add it to the pan and warm it through before serving.
- Garnish some extra parsley and a dash of olive oil.