Almost 3 months ago I made the switch from blogging over here at Paleolland to blogging in my mother tongue over at Mijn Paleo Keuken. So much fun that is! To celebrate I made this little but decadent paleo snickers cheesecake. My training buddies over at Breda strength and conditioning were the first to taste and were very excited about it. So it was (finally) time to share it here as well.
It has been a little quiet over here. The Dutch blog still needs a lot of work and I decided that I first wanted to translate the older Paleolland post in Dutch before posting new recipes. As usual I grossly overestimated myself, underestimated the work and didn’t take into account that I would take on a new project and would start selling paleo recipes to a Dutch paleo publisher. Oh and all of this next to my full-time job as teacher and PhD candidate Luckily i love what I do! And I do promise to pick up posting over here at Paleolland as soon as I have both blogs in sync.
Paleo Snickers Cheesecake
You may wonder how a cheesecake can be paleo. And admittedly, this treat isn’t the best idea if you still have to kick your sugar addiction of want to get rid of your love handles. This paleo snickers cheesecake still is a calorie bom. But, if you have your eating habits on order and you normally feast on veggies, meat, fish, fruit, eggs and nuts, than a nice sugar- grain- and dairy-free treat once in a while isn’t a problem at all. Especially if you have something to celebrate. This way you can have the best of both worlds: delicious flavors without unhealthy ingredients.
Looking of more party food inspiration? Have a look at my Pinterest bord!
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 100g raw nuts (eg almonds and / or macadamia)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) coconut cream *
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) nut butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp (1/4 cup) honey
- 3 tbsp (1/4 cup) coconut oil, melted
- optional: drops of liquid vanilla stevia
- 90 gr dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, for garnish
- Line the bottom of a 7'' round springform with a piece parchment paper
- Put the ingredients for the base in a food processor and ground the nuts and dates.
- Spread this mixture on the bottom of the springform (use wet fingers of a wet spoon to prevent sticking).
- Rinse the food processor.
- Heat the coconut cream a little in a pan (this will prevent the mixture from separating) and then pour it into the food processor along with the nut butter, lemon juice, vanilla extract and honey.
- Blend in the processor until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the coconut oil while the machine is still running.
- Taste and drops of liquid vanilla stevia if necessary.
- Pour this mixture on top of your base into the springform and spread evenly.
- Put about an hour in the refrigerator until filling is firm enough for the top layer of chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a pan of hot water (au bain marie) and then pour it on top of the cheesecake.
- Turn the pan around to spread the chocolate evenly.
- Let the paleo snickers cheesecake chill overnight in the refrigerator (about 8 hours).